Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Wish....

My new song obsession...
is off of Eisley's new album "The Valley"
The song is "I Wish".
I have been listening to it non stop for the last 3 days.
Its very melodic and soft at first
then it sucks you in with this catchy beat
I have found myself singing it while doing things that don't require my full attention.
I think the first 3 lines in the first verse is kind of reminds me of how I feel at the moment.

"I walked into this life a lover
And I was carrying
A deep hope for you
I lit up like a fire
I watched you from afar
A blazing burning star
I came alive
A design
The tree of life... Is what you are"

I just love the lyrics, they paint this beautiful picture in my head of a first love.
Eisley has seemed to capture it in a melody.
Experiencing it for the first time with untainted eyes
completely awkward and unsure of how to act on your feelings...

Here are the rest of the lyrics:
(PS There are no official lyrics so I had to type this up myself, so it may not be completely accurate)

Ooooooh Ahoooo I wish you felt this waaay
You say Oh baby start again
Oooooh Ahoooo I wish you felt this way
You say,you take the pain away
You say, you take away the pain
So tell me it,
Do you feel this,
Cause your not sure what’s required
And do you hear this
Your not expected to be forthright
Your so profound
But your not found
And If I could Id just claim you
Ooooooh Ahoooo I wish you felt this waaay
You say Oh baby start again
Oooooh Ahoooo I wish you felt this waaaay
You say, you take the pain away
You say , you take away the pain
Ooooooohhhh oooo
I came alive
Oooooooooohhhh oooo
A new design
Ooooooh Ahoooo I wish
Ooooooh Ahoooo I wish
Ooooooh Ahoooo I wish
Ooooooh Ahoooo I wish
Ooooooh Ahoooo I wish you felt this waaay
You say Oh baby start again
Oooooh Ahoooo I wish you felt this waaaay
You say Oh baby start again
You say, you take the pain away
You say , you take away the pain

Anyway, I think I have gone on about this enough... So next topic.
I have been inspired latey to paint on canvas,
something I normally don't do because I suck when it comes to painting.
That being said, the only way to improve is to practice.
So I have rolled up my sleeves and picked up my paints and canvas
and I am attempting it.

Thus far my attempts look like that of a high school freshman... Kind of sad, but I still like them.
I might post some pics...
I might not... Lets see how I feel at the end of this post.
In my head I want to pick up a brush and bust out a piece like Audrey Kawaskai,
but I know that is improbable.
I'm just going to keep at it.
Hopefully I will see some improvement in the next few months...
Ok, ok here are pics of the paintings..
Sleeping Blue
Sisters
Forest of Shadows
*Side Note* I still haven't gotten my hair cut and I am starting to really need it....
*Side Side Note* While writing up this post, I have listened to "I wish" about 30 times.

1 comment:

Zavtrak said...

Delilah these are great! And they don't look like the work of a high school freshman, I remember your work when you were a freshman and they weren't that good lol. The point is, even if you don't readily practice every media you have grown a lot as an artist internally, and that will reflect in your work when you finally do let yourself try to do things that you don't think you could do.