Thursday, May 1, 2008

La La La...

My: Name in pictures project, that i have mentioned before, has been put on hold because it is a lot harder then i thought so far i only have an "D" "I" and an "A" i still need a buncha letters.... so in the mean time i have started a new adventure.....Embroidery!!!! I went to the store and bought all the goodies i think i will need to start my big project....drum roll please...........embroidering.......Alphonse Mucha's..... "Reverie".


I went to FedEx Kinko's yesterday and got the picture above enlarged to 18x24, thanks to the super helpful lady there named Carmen...i think that was her name.... Anyways... so i have been outlining the picture in pencil first and this morning i started outlining in marker, after sitting there outlining it i keep telling myself: "what have you gotten your self into!".
I already know that i am going to have issues with the flowers behind her and some of the itty bitty details but if i take my time and be very careful it has the capability to come out amazing! i am really excited about this because i am fan of Alphonse Mucha's work. I believe him to be one of the most amazing and detailed artist that ever lived!
Sigh....he's the bee's knee's! (i never really got this phrase but it sounds cool)
BTW......
I was Dropped from the class, but all is well i have decided to jump right back in! it sucks that i have to start again but its ok, this way i will get even better.

All in all my hands are itching to start my new project... hopefully i finish this one... No i will finish it!!

No comments: