Monday, March 28, 2011

A Day to Remember

It's easy to forget that humans are such fragile beings, we can be hurt physically and mentally with the slightest of ease.

Some people act so strong that you think that you can't possibly hurt them, but inside they could be as fragile as a newborn.

Its kind of amazing.

The human body is amazing as well, we do so many horrible things to our bodies and yet it adapts and keeps going.

I am in a revelation-y type of mood today. Things are running around my head

My mom told me that today is my Grandmothers death day. I miss her like crazy. She was one of those sweet grandmas, that made you feel warm and cuddly.

Here's a story from when I was younger.


I was sleeping over my Grandma's house one night.

I couldn't sleep so I was looking over the edge of the bed, listening to my Grandma snoring next to me.

My Grandma had a cat named Gato, while I was staring down at the cream colored carpet, Gato came out from under the bed.

He was playing with something,

When I took a closer look at the thing that he was playing with, it moved. Realizing what it was I started to scream, waking up my grandmother in the process.

She woke with a start and looked at me and asked "What is it?"

I just screamed "Gato's got a mouse"

as I stood on the bed on my tipy toe's.

My Grandmother started screaming for my uncle Tommy, who came in a rush.

He poked his head in the room and said

"Whats going on"

My Grandmother said "Gato's got a mouse, get it Tommy"

At this point I was crying and hysterical.

He looked at us like we were retarded and said "that's it.. calm down."

He left the room for a few seconds and came back with a broom.

"Where is it?"

We pointed to where Gato was and Gato sensing that his toy was going to be taken away, ran away with the squirming mouse.

My uncle started calling Gato and trying to coax him out from behind the bed.

I remember my uncle using the broom trying to get Gato and the mouse, and me saying

"Get it uncle!"over and over again.

When he finally got it he disposed of the mouse,

My Grandma and I were laughing with relief.



*Side Note* I'm kinda obsessed with the color Lavender right now....

No comments: