Sunday, January 30, 2011

By morning, you'll be gone...

I watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind" the other day.
I have seen it before and I remember loving it, so much so that I bought the DVD.

So the other day I was bored and in the mood to watch a movie, so I rooted around my DVD collection and picked out this movie.
And this time... It really struck me.
It is sooo amazing.
It's one of those movies that make you think. Here is a description:

(Joel is played by Jim Carrey and Clem is played by Kate Winslet)

A man, Joel Barish, heartbroken that his girlfriend Clementine underwent a procedure to erase him from her memory, he decides to do the same. However, as he watches his memories of her fade away, he realizes that he still loves her... but it may be too late to correct his mistake.

It makes me wonder...
If you fell out of love with someone, how far would you go to to start over?

Some of my favorite quotes:

Clementine: You know me, I'm impulsive.
Joel: That's what I love about you.

Joel: I can't see anything that I don't like about you.
Clementine: But you will! But you will. You know, you will think of things. And I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me.
Joel: Okay.
Clementine: [pauses] Okay.

[Joel calls Clem on the telephone]
Clementine: What took you so long?
Joel: I just walked in.
Clementine: Do you miss me?
Joel: Oddly enough, I do!
Clementine: You said "I do" - I guess that means we're married!
Joel: I guess so!
This movie has made it to the list of my favorite movies.
*Side note* See This Movie!!

1 comment:

Zavtrak said...

Is it sad, does someone die? This movie must meet these conditions for me to watch it lol.