Monday, April 26, 2010

you think I'm made of stone, I'm chiseled out of brick. I'm a vase that shatters, Holding such beautiful things.

Right now I am looking for Crochet for charity organization's in new york so that maybe I can give back by crocheting toys or hats for children.

I made this little cutie the other day, I have just named it Ruth. Isn't she cute!

I want to light up someones day, with something special just for them. I guess part of it is kind of selfish of me, because I enjoy making other people happy, but that's not wrong is it...?

I went the Envy on the Coast show Saturday, it was amazing! I have a new favorite song by them called "Made of Stone" that is where the title of this post comes from.

They are just so amazing live! I also fell in love with a new band that opened up for Envy called Twin Atlantic, and they are going to be at Bamboozle, so YAY!

Not much has been going on, basically I'm just enjoying the calmness of it all and getting my act together and all.

*Side note* The lyrics from "made of stone" just encapsulates the way I feel... I believe in this.

2 comments:

Zavtrak said...

I have felt the same way as you in feeling selfish about wanting to make other people happy... I've convinced myself that, even if it's selfish, at least you're doing something nice in the process, you can do a lot worse by being selfish!

I'm jealous of your crocheting skills, can you please teach me when I come back???

Maurylyne said...

I wanna make a Ruth too!!! Oh and what day is Twin Atlantic there? Sunday?