Thursday, April 15, 2010

You won't take away my pride... No, not this time

Art is something that is constantly changing, and vastly different from person to person.
For the past two years, I have found that my work has morphed and changed into something that I truly love.
I have created these stick figure people that make me so happy whenever I create a new one, not unlike children.
They have become so much a part of me, it amazes me how much they mean to me.
My life like most seems to always be in a state of transition, and I love that, but from these transitions come a change in my Art. Sometimes the change is small and barely noticed and other times it's huge and so out of the realm of what I would draw regularly.
That's what I adore about my work, It's a timeline for things that I have experienced and ways that I have felt. I can look at one of my pieces and revisit the place I was in my head.
I guess that is what I want to convey to you today. I want you to go the the same place I was when I was creating, feel what I felt & Think like I thought. Is that realistic? Maybe not but it's what I want.

1 comment:

watchovrme said...

makes perfect sense to me.