Monday, December 14, 2009

What if I'm not what you think....I am...?

I went to my cousin Andrews Show tonight, the gig was at The Trash Bar the band is called "Born without a spine".

It was good but if you ask my cousin he would tell you that and I quote
"The worst the bands ever played".
I beg to differ.
Well anyway... lots of things to tell you ...
I don't think I have discussed my deep love for Ingrid Michaelson.
I have been listening to her non-stop.
My dad has threatened my life about 3 times already...
But I will not be silenced!

The song I have been listening to most is "Giving up". It's so great.
It's basically telling a story of a girl that's is a pessimistic and is overflowing with
What ifs and doubts about everything that she does and the people that surround her.
But for the one she loves she is going to give up all the what ifs.

Here are the lyrics:
What if we stop having a ball?
What if the paint chips from the wall?
What if there's always cups in the sink?
What if I'm not what you think I am?
What if I fall further than you?
What if you dream of somebody new?
What if I never let you win, chase you with a rolling pin?
Well what if I do?
I am giving up on making passes
and I am giving up on half empty glasses
and I am giving up on greener grasses
I am giving up
What if our baby comes home after nine?
What it your eyes close before mine?
What if you lose yourself sometimes?
Then I'll be the one to find you Safe in my heart
I am giving up on making passes and
I am giving up on half empty glasses and
I am giving up on greener grasses
I am giving up.
Amazing right,
It just makes me realize I have to stop living my life through what ifs and just do it.
What ifs just hold you back from things that you know you want to do,
This song made me realize that society makes you ask yourself questions that don't necessarily have to be asked.
I'm going to stop what ifing my self!

*Side note* While writing this post I got a bloody nose...

1 comment:

Zhenya said...

Delilah, you and your music frenzy.

Go look at the pictures of my kids on facebook!!!!!!