Sunday, January 25, 2009

But with nobody in your bed, The night is hard to get through...

It'a 2 in the AM and I'm still awake...
I've been listening to a lot of Brand New lately.
My current favorite song is "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot"
There's just something so honest about the lyrics.
"If it makes you less sad, I'll move out of this state. You can keep you yourself. I'll keep out of your way. And if it makes you less sad I'll take your pictures all down. Every picture you paint I will paint myself out.."
A close second would be "Sic Transit Gloria.. Glory fades"
"He whispers that he loves her, but she's probably only ready for Sss... So much more than he could ever give A life free of lies and a meaningful relationship. He keeps his hands pinned down at his sides He waits for it to end and for the aching in his guts to subside "
Can you say amazing, that songs makes me think about all the times in our lives that we do things to make other people happy, we push away our own pain and discomfort to satisfy the needs of others.
But tell me this, Who's going to satisfy your needs, If your always giving of yourself

No comments: