Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cupcake Conundrum...

I have been ruined.
Once you have the perfect something its hard to turn back and settle for mediocre.
What has ruined me you ask.....Lulu's Cupcakes.
I absolutely love their Cupcakes..
If you ask me they are perfect in my eyes.
They are moist and the frosting is a smooth butter cream that is sin worthy.
I have probably mentioned them before briefly, today was one of those days I was really digging one. So I hopped into my car for the quick drive to scarsdale, Only to be met by a closed sign. Unbeknownst to me they are closed Monday's and Tuesday.
I have to say at that moment I was slightly crushed, But I quickly recovered and remembered a bakery my mother hand told me about in Westchester. So I hopped back into my car and drove to this other bakery.
Well I was very disappointed with my cupcake purchase.
The cupcake was hard, dry and lemony (It was supposed to be vanilla) and the frosting was a lump on top(tumor like in appearance) and it had some sort of chocolate ganache on it with a cherry stuck in it.
It kind of reminded me of the sword in the stone.
The cherry was kind of dry as well, it kind of looked like it had been stabbed at a couple of times to get it out of the jar.

The Cupcake in Question....
Needless to say I will be sticking with Lulu's they haven't steered me wrong yet.
Their Cakes, Cupcakes and other scrumptious treats leave their competitors in the dust.
They have something for everyone.
I will post a Lulu's Cupcake picture soon and if your interested in getting your own Lulu's Cupcake, Here's a link to their website everythinglulu.com
Talk to everyone soon!

No comments: