Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm not their hero but that doesn't mean that I wasn't brave

Im in love love love with Tegan and Sara's new album, 
its fun, 
amazing lyrically 
and makes me want to dance.
Who could ask for more?
My favorite song for the album right now is... 
(Drum roll)
"I'm not your Hero"
The song just speaks to me. 
I feel like it relates all the things I went though last year.
I feel like I started the year like the begining of the song 

"Standing where I am now, standing up at all
I was used to feeling like I was never gonna see myself at the finish line
Hanging on to parts of me, hanging on at all
I was used to seeing no future in my sight line"

I've come so far from where I was last January, 
I was feeling sad and I was questioning a lot of the things and people around me.
 I was really struggling and somewhere in the following months I decided that I needed to change my way of thinking and start looking towards the positive side of life.
This is where the second part of the song comes into play
 
 "Feeling like I am now lighting up the hall
I was used to standing in the shadow of a damaged heart
Learning all I know now, losing all I did
I never used to feel like I'd be standing so far ahead"

I am so ridiculously happy.
I found someone that completely understands me and loves me no matter what.
I have been given the greatest gift.

*Side Note* I want pizza...

No comments: