Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thought I was lost but I was stranded...

Sometimes at night when everyone is asleep but me,
I feel the need to bake something
The whole process is very soothing to me.
Gathering all the ingredients and then mixing it all in a bowl,
it's probably the only time my mind settles down,
I feel like I can breathe normally when I bake or cook.
I was thinking about people, I believe that people are generally good.
That the things and people that they encounter is what shapes them, and how they learn to handle pain and their life is what sets them apart.
Think about it a "Bad Child" is usually a child that is acting out.
They want attention and they will do any means to get it no matter how they hurt themselves or others. They are literally starving attention not unlike a dry sponge.
So why do we think in terms of Good people and bad people?
I mean If someone had just taken that "Bad Child" aside and gave him just a smidgen of attention. Who knows what kind of change that would have made in his life.
Hitler was a artist, he applied 7 times to art school and he got denied every time.
Hitler became...well, Hitler.
What if he would have gotten into art school?
We will never know but there will always be a "What if" factor.
I believe in humanity. I believe in kindness.
but I'm not naive.
I realize that not everyone can be trusted.
and that I think is a shame.
*Side note* Just saw "Eat, Pray, Love. and it was a great movie.

No comments: