Sunday, March 21, 2010

Love is our resistance...

Thinking about something my mother told me the other night...
but first a little bit of back story..
I have a very hard time sleeping at night,
which leads me to wander around the house at 2, 3 or even perhaps 4am..
I don't know why but this is how it is.
Usually I just occupy this time by reading, watching movies, listening to music, drawing or even the random painting. So I wander around the house.
As you know I was away for the last 2 weeks.
Now I would like to think that I still live at home because I can not afford to move out, but in reality I stay because I know how much my parents depend on me.
I guess it's just one of those things... anyway back to the beginning..

So I had just gotten back from N.C. I was doing my normal wandering thing and I guess my mother had gotten used to the house being quiet at night

(Don't get me wrong its not like I walking down the halls banging pots and pans when every ones asleep its more like you hear me walking around and moving things.)
So I woke her up and she said "Delilah" to which I replied "Yeah"

"Oh, it's you, I'm not used to hearing someone moving around at night."
"Sorry"
"It's ok, I missed it" after she said that she laughed and went back to sleep.
It was nice to know that I was missed,
that something so insignificant as my walking around the house.
It just made me think of my mother and my relationship,
It took a long time for her to accept me the way I am.
Now I doubt she would even blink an eye if I walked into the living room covered in glitter and feathers.
She would probably ask the regrettable question " What are you doing?"

So yeah that little thing got me thinking... about this lady..

3 comments:

Zavtrak said...

Awwwwwwww

Maurylyne said...

double awwwwww

watchovrme said...

i dont want to be like the first 2 but here it is.... awwwww!