Monday, January 2, 2012

This type of life didn't come with instructions

I'm starting the year off like a lion, I am so amped for the new year its ridiculous. I have a list of goals for the year that I am going to accomplish. I have dubbed it Project 2012. I want to put it down on paper, so to speak, so (in no particular order) here it is!!

Project 2012

1. Finish my book/s
(I have developed a horrible pattern of giving up on things and never finishing them, It ends this year, I want to finish at least one of the books I have started.)

2. Enroll in school
(I want to become a Art Therapist, I don't want to be one of those people that say that they are going back to school and end up never going back)

3. Get to a healthy weight and tone up.
(I know such a typical resolution/ new year type of goal but I have wanted to do this for a long time, not only to lose weight but to manage my Graves as well. I think part of me is scared to lose weight, I have used my weight as an excuse not to do things and even as a mask to keep attention away from myself. That's not to say that I'm looking for attention because the opposite is true, I'm not a big fan of the spotlight)

4. Get a new job.
(I need something more substantial then my current work situation)

5. Go on a trip/vacation.
(Long over do)

6. Learn Spanish and/or French to the point where I can hold conversations.
(This also goes back to finishing things that I start, I have made some half hearted attempts at both languages and I still can't speak them, I might take a class to help keep myself focused.)

7. Move out of my parents house.
(This is a big one, I don't want to be so dependent on them anymore it might take to the end of the year to achieve this goal but I think once I cut the ties that bind I will be better for it.)

8. Take a self defense or boxing class.
(This will come after I get in better shape and improve my stamina, I want to be able to defend myself, I have wanted to take a Krav Maga class for a while now why not this year.)

That is the goal list for Project 2012. I plan on achieving each of these goals before the new year, I can't wait!!

No comments: