Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Delilah in P.R?

I started thinking about moving to Puerto Rico about a year ago.

I kind of put it on the back burner though.

But lately I have been thinking about it a little more and more.

What if I just picked up and moved there? I think I would really like it. It would give me the chance to learn Spanish and get to know the family that I have there...
Now here's the problem...
I can't speak Spanish, I can understand it for the most part if it is spoken to me and I can speak a little but in m head I can not form a reply and then from the sheer exhaustion of trying to figure out how to say what I want or mean, I end up losing all focus and giving up.
It is so frustrating!
Then I started thinking what if I went to school there, so then I started researching the schools in P.R and surprise, surprise it is all taught in Spanish. That's like a guaranteed fail.
I'm still thinking about moving down there but for now have no cemented plans on it. It's just something I want to do.

1 comment:

Zhenya said...

Isn't English spoken widely there though? From what I remember from... over a decade ago... my mother and I got around fine there.