Friday, March 28, 2008

Painting out my Dream..

For a while now i have had this idea for a painting, i can see it in my head but i can seem to get it out onto paper or canvas though i have made a few attempts at it. The idea is based off a dream i had...the dream goes like this......
Dream:
I was on a golden submarine and i was wearing a cream colored dress, that had very intricate beading all around the skirt, my hair was loose and fell into mahogany waves around my face. I looked around and noticed the very detailed carvings in the golden walls, their were sea creatures and mermaids perched upon rocks, everything was so beautiful it was hard to pay attention to what was going around me.
I wasn't alone, two women and the captain of the submarine were there, the two women were pregnant and when i looked down so was i. He said something to me that i couldn't understand. Then the two women grabbed me as the captain opened a hatch in the floor that lead to the outside of the submarine and into the deep sea. I struggled in their grasp but they did not budge. They threw me into the water, which was surprisingly warm, and closed the hatch. i started floating downward, the blue darkness embracing me, i could breathe but i was surrounded by water. The submarine was still above me, its golden light radiating like a star in the night sky, i looked into the round window of the submarine and looking back at me were the two women and the captain. the captain walked away from the window and started the controls of the ship. The submarine started to glide away from me and i started to swim toward it, but it just kept going without stopping. Leaving me there.... Alone.
I know it was a crazy, and very detailed dream. i have always had dreams like this, when i was younger they used to scare me but now i just accept them, and try to decipher them....lol that never works. So yeah this is going to be my goal for this weekend...work on the still image in my mind.. Wish me Luck!

No comments: